From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:55:53 -0700
Right click on "my computer" and click properties.  Then click the device
manager tab. Double click on ports and look for Epson printer port (LPT 1).
If you don't see that it isn't correctly installed.  The Epson printing
software commandeers the LPT port. Also, go to start/settings, click on
printers.  Right click on the Epson printer icon, click on properties. Then
click on the details tab.  Where it says print to this port it should say
Epson printer port.  If it doesn't, look at the dropdown and select it.  Do
you have the status monitor installed?  If so, try uninstalling it and
reinstalling.

Subject: [PCBUILD] PRINTER PROBLEM

I am using an Epson Stylus Color 640 with an IBM ThinkPad 310 ED.  Since
partitioning and then restoring the computers 6G hard drive the printer will
not work.  I get the message that there was a problem printing to the port
(LPT1).  I have checked the printer configuration and it is correct.  I have
checked the BIOS and the parrallel port base address (3BCh (IRQ 7)) is
correct.  I have tried both the default setting of standard and
bidirectional, and ECP settings.  The printer software has been uninstalled
and installed multiple times.  The printer does work fine on a neighboring
laptop so I am certain that the cables are connected properly.  I have not
gone into the registry for I would not know what to look for or where.
Suggestions please and thank you.
John Jacobson

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml