From:
garry bassett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 12:16:38 +0000
hi m8,
there is no doubt in my book external modems are by far a better option.
i have had many modems in various systems and always found a good external
modem to give a faster connection and be far more reliable.
eg:i play online games and have just purchased an external creative modem
blaster 56k v90 modem which has vastly improved my connection speed and
reliability to the servers i use.with my previous internal modem my ping
averaged around 250-300,but with the external modem it has been as low as
130.if you purchase an external modem make sure it has its on power supply
as this will not rely on your cpu for power thus freeing up valuable
resources.