From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:17:36 -0400
 It could be the motherboard.  I have an Abit bx6 that will only run with a
64MB stick in the first slot. I can put anything else in other slots but it
has to have that 64 in the first. Other BX6's aren't like that, just mine.
Try the 256 stick in all the memory slots.  You don't have to fill them in
order.  You can have just one stick in the 4th slot.

What power supply do you have?  Try tweaking the voltage a couple of 10th's.
AMD's really suck up the output of your power supply. It may be that you
don't have enough to drive the 256 MB memory.

If all that fails why don't you get your money back and by some other type
of ram or if they won't give you your money back try exchanging for two
128's.  Crucial has some good memory at great prices on the internet.  I've
been using Mushkin in my boards for a while.

Ben Moore