From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:13:10 -0400
> I'm just curious, you've suggested the cdrw as sec slave.  I've seen
> configurations in some PCs (with 1-HD and 1-cdrom only) where the HD is
> Primary master and the CD-rom is secondary slave.  What is the
> advantage of
> making the CD sec slave?

        None from an operational point of view. The reason they do this is that
most CDRWs come set for slave by default from the factory. By just dumping
it on the secondary channel the manufacturer doesn't have to worry about
this, either it was set to master or slave, either way it will work. Might
be only a few seconds to check the drive but those few seconds add up to
alot of money when you produce thousands of systems. TTYL

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml