Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:51:00 -0400
Dori Zook said:

>Say WHAT?!  Sweet Jesus!  I worked in broadcast journalism for 6 years.
Whether a company in the headlines advertized with us or not never had an
impact on how we reported the news.....News is news, good, bad or ugly.

My reply:
Most magazines have less integrity than the station you worked for.  They
are heavily influenced  by the companies that scratch their backs and fill
their coffers!

I had a magazine editor tell me that even if the information (about the
downside of soy) was true, she couldn't touch it.  She'd lose advertisers,
which are the life blood of most magazines.  Just look at how much space is
dedicated to ads vs. articles.

Rachel