From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:03:21 -0500
On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 13:18:38 -0400, Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

I wrote:
>> I am allergic to meat.
>> Really. :-) Not a joke.
>>
>What kind of test was it, Amadeus?

A blood test.
The doctor who made it said she choosed this test out of several available,
because it was rather reliable and didn't produce "too much positive
results" because otherwise (as for many other tests) there would be "not
much  left to eat".

I didn't experience any problems with my allergens so far,
except one strange effect after eating raw soy sprouts.

However I recall that I've never liked hazelnuts and tofu too much
as opposed to other nuts. Tofu I empasized at some time more "on purpose"
and because I had the idea to found a tofu plant.

Yesterday my father mentioned that I didn't like meat very much at young
ages. I recall that I used to pick out meat to eat from the rest, but well I
don't recall it tasted very good. I recall that pepper steak tasted very
good, but I think it was more the sauce.

It looks as if such "instintual" (you may forgive me to use your adjective
Jean-Claude) preferrences have been based on some feelings of "not so well
beeing" or similar.

>Food allergy tests are notoriously wrong. Food breaks down in the digestive
>system, obviously, and so it is very difficult to test using standard skin
>tests, for instance, because the digestive intermediary chemistry is not
>taken into account.

Some very strange but IMO very important reason seems to cause that food
proteins sometimes don't digest completely and then even enter into the
bloodstream where they cause antobody reactions of course. And much further
damage (auto imun diseases).
Somehow there were antibodies against some meat protein (or a part of it?)
found in my blood.
And that after 10 years of not eating any meat -when the test was made.

I whish I'd know more about the fault that lets proteins enter the
bloodstream...

Regards Amadeus