From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:30:41 -0700

To Ann S. and Others--

I've been reading posts re: dental treatments with
some interest lately as I have a couple of procedures
scheduled soon. The latest post from Ann Sokolowski
peaked my interest, especially, so I called my state's
dental association.

According to the Kansas Dental Association, they have
not received instructions or mandates that require
dentists to fit the patient with a dental dam or
oxygen mask for the removal of "silver" or amalgam
(sp?) fillings.

The person I spoke with was very nice and really quite
interested in having more information so that they
could research this issue. She said they are
affiliated with the American Dental Association and
follow their guidelines. When questioned where I might
get more information about the gluten status of
materials used in procedures, she suggested a visit
with my dentist, first, then the American Dental
Association should be able to give me a list of
ingredients contained in most or all of the materials
used by manufacturers.

Ann, if you, or anyone on the list can give me
additional information, I would appreciate it. I don't
care to become ill when I have my dental work done,
but I also don't want to over-react and possibly
alienate my dentist without substantial information to
back up my claims.

I'll summarize if there's interest.

Ayn in Kansas