From:
Jerry P. <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 15:06:37 -0500

I have been looking for information for a low idodine diet for DH.  I found
the following site which is for a clinical study and would be too low in
iodine for anyone else.  It does identify sources of iodine very
thouroughly and should have a good scientific basis.

Two disclaimers -

1.  The Recommended Daily Allowance of Iodine is 150 micrograms per day.
Following this diet strictly would put you below the RDA at from 50 to 100
micrograms per day.

2.  This is not a gf diet and has lots of gluten-containing foods.  The diet
obviously needs to be adapted to a gf standard.  It only helps identify
iodine for people suffering from DH that need a low iodine diet.

I am going to try it since I am allergic to all of the DH medications.  Use
your own judgement about applicabilty to your situation.

Jerry

http://www.cc.nih.gov/ccc/patient_education/pepubs/lowio.pdf