From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:20:50 -0700

Hi All--

I've been visiting a few government disability sites
today, which provoked a weird stream of questions I
began asking myself. Rather than keep all of this
interesting stuff to myself, I thought I would share
with the list and perhaps learn something - and
provide a little humor (sometimes my train of thought
brings much merriment to others).

Is CD considered, under the ADA, to be a disability?

If not, why are we allowed to deduct the difference in
cost of our food on our income taxes?

If CD is a disability, wouldn't we have good reason to
ask for reasonable accommodation from restaurants to
serve gf items?

These are only a few of the questions I've come up
with. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. I
think I'm going somewhere with this issue, but don't
know where, just yet. (I work in a law office, so bear
with me...we're all a little strange!)

Cheers,
Ayn