From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 19:55:29 -0700
What kind of work does her employer expect to do with these machines?  Is it
graphics intensive or just for word processing? What the intended use is
makes a big difference in what to buy.  You need to provide more information
about whether they will be networked, whether they will be standalone work
stations, and most importantly, what will they be used for.

Subject: [PCBUILD] Most bang for US$800

My niece has asked me for advise: given a US$800 dollar budget to acquire a
PC for home office use, and having no need for a monitor, she'd like to get
the most for her employer's money. I'd appreciate the lists input as to what
and where to search. Thought she should get Win 2K, or 98SE as OS on AMD
cpu. List's input is TIA.
Tomas Santos

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml