Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:17:00 -0400
David Karas <[log in to unmask]> said:
>I think coconuts are found in Africa but maybe not in paleo times. Durians are
>from SE Asia.....product is supposedly not really raw. I have found a good
>source of young coconuts (the kind that you eat with a spoon) in Los Angeles. A

My questions:
What is a Durian? What does it look like?  Does it have a similar
composition?  You are fortunate to have found young coconuts that can be
eaten with a spoon, and raw.  I have not found any of those yet--only the
older ones that are incredibly challenging to crack open, and even harder to
clean and extract the meat from.  Can you tell young coconut by its looks?
If so, I'd like to know.  I'm sure I'm not the only curious one!

Thanks,

Rachel