From:
Madeline Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 11:39:19 EDT
Thanks to all for the "fishy" information! I'm glad I know the truth about
farmed salmon, and will continue to buy the Arctic Char when I can find it.
The Chilean Bass we got the other day was very delicious, but again, quite
pricey at $10.99 a pound. This same fish market quite often has Long Island
Blue Fish, but these days I can't seem to find the Boston Blue Fish anywhere,
which I prefer. The Boston variety is much larger and tastier. Does anyone
know if the LI variety is equally high in beneficial fatty acids? Obviously
the fellows at this fish market sell wonderful fish, but are certainly not
reliable sources of information! Sorry to be obsessing so much about fish,
but it is problematic for me because I cannot eat canned sardines, herring,
etc. which I love, because I get migraine headaches from something in the way
they are processed, perhaps the salt or the chemicals formed in the smoking
process, or both.

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY