From:
Linda Mccarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:25:00 -0500

Here's the replies I received, didn't receive very many:

I have only had Coke slurpees from 7-11, but have had them for the past 3
years without problem!!
I have had a gluten intolerance for 7 years....
* * * * * * * * * * *

This is not real helpful, but my daughter (gf, age 11)  is addicted to
Slurpees and has not had an obvious reaction to them.  About 6 months ago, I
got permission to go in the stock room of my local 7-11 and read the labels
on the  boxes of about 3 flavors of Slurpee mix.  The ingredient
lists on those flavors (which ones - I don't recall) were on the face GF.
The main ingredients were corn sweeteners, citric acid, dyes, and (this one
is weird) yucca extract.  I have not called 7-11, though.  I was comfortable
enough with what I saw.

In all honesty my daughter and I drink slurpees more than once a week for
over a year now and
we have been fine except for two weeks ago when we both had a reaction.  We
are both Celiacs with DH too.  So now I am wondering if they have changed
their ingredients or something......

Thanks!
Linda