Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 12:24:46 -0700

        I remember as a kid, my Aunt Tess made this delicious pumpkin cake
loaf.  For  years later, as an adult, I made her recipe at Christmas time.
It was always a success and a hit. In fact, I would wrapped the loaf in
pretty, clear cellophane, tie it with a ribbon, and give it as gifts.
I've really missed having this pumpkin loaf, so the other day, I decided to
convert the recipe to GF.  It was easy enough to do and turned out equally
yummy.  I know Aunt Tess wouldn't be able to tell the difference! In fact,
she's flying to Phoenix and spending Christmas with us.  That will be the
ultimate test!

        Here's the recipe.  I hope you like it.

Happy Holidays!

Nina  :)

Phoenix

Aunt Tess' Pumpkin Cake

1/2  cup butter
1 cup sugar
1  tsp vanilla
2  eggs
1  1/2 cups Hagman's GF Mix
1  1/2  tsp Xanthum Gum
1  tsp baking soda
1/2  tsp salt
1  tsp cinnamon
1/2  tsp nutmeg
1/4  tsp ginger
1/4  tsp clove powder
3/4  cup canned plain pumpkin
3/4  cup choco morsels
1/2  cup  chopped walnuts

        In a bowl, cream butter until light.  Gradually cream in sugar and
vanilla.  Cream in eggs one at a time.  Blend in the pumpkin.  Mix together
flour, Xanthum Gum, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, & clove
powder.  Add to the creamed mixture a little at a time.  When well mixed
together, add in chocolate morsels & only half of the nuts.  Transfer into
a floured, greased loaf pan and scatter the remaining nuts on top.  Bake at
350 for about one hour or until toothpick comes out clean.  Remove from pan
and cool 15 minutes.  Drizzle the  top with the following glaze:

        1/2 cup confetioner's sugar
        1/8 tsp cinnamon
        1/8 tsp nutmeg
        a little bit of milk or cream