From:
Teresa A Andrasik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:45:01 -0500

Help! My 18 year old celiac son is joining the National Guard. He goes
to the recruiter on Friday, tomorrow!  Is it possible that they can feed
him gluten free? The recruiter told my son that the food is  served in a
long cafeteria style buffet where he can select "plain" offerings of
vegetables and meat. Is this true? What about war time situations? What
can parents do? I hope someone out there knows about this!