From:
Ken Hollingsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 10:27:51 -0700
Configuration:
Windows 98, P3/850 CPU, 128 Ram
Primary IDE = Master/Slave HD's  C:\ & D:\
Secondary IDE =
       Master = E:\ & F:\ (partitions on 40 gig but only holds 20)
       Slave   = HP CDRW 9300i

Problem:  First burn since having the MOBO and CPU replaced.
Getting buffer under runs and can not burn successfullly.  I have
reduced the read speed down to 4x with same results.  Have turned
off all running apps.  The error messages I get when the attempt is
complete tells me some cabeling might not be right, along with the
standard explainations on what buffer under run means.  I understand
that something is preventing the feed from the HD from keeping up with
the CDRW, and it runs out of data in the buffer.  Right?
    A search in both HP's and MS's tech site pretty much offer the standard
explainations, as stated above, which is no help after trying all the
suggestions,
i.e., turn off apps (did that), check cables (did that).
    Now, I'm not sure if this is pertinent to the problem or not, but when I
boot up, I see a line that says something to the effect "No 80 Cable
Conductor installed on Secondary IDE".  A search for anything on that
returns nothing.  What does that mean?  All the standard cables (that I'm
aware of) are there, and properly seated.
The CDRW has worked in the past.
Ken Hollingsworth