From:
Anthony Garvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:35:27 -0400
Can you change the BIOS LPT1 I/O port setting from 3BCh to 378h ?  If so,
give it a try.  First, remove the printer using the Control Panel, then
reboot and enter your BIOS setup and change the port to 378h.  Reboot and
then re-install the printer driver. HTH, Anthony

> I am using an Epson Stylus Color 640 with an IBM ThinkPad 310 ED.  Since
> partitioning and then restoring the computers 6G hard drive the printer
will
> not work.  I get the message that there was a problem printing to the port
> (LPT1).  I have checked the printer configuration and it is correct.  I
have
> checked the BIOS and the parrallel port base address (3BCh (IRQ 7)) is
> correct.  I have tried both the default setting of standard and
> bidirectional, and ECP settings.  The printer software has been
uninstalled
> and installed multiple times.  The printer does work fine on a neighboring
> laptop so I am certain that the cables are connected properly.  I have not
> gone into the registry for I would not know what to look for or where.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml