From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:35:56 -0400
Here you go.  I assume it doesn't work at all? You are using the keyboard in
control panel?  Here's one way to get any mouse running.  Force a startup
into safe mode, (hold crtl key while booting until start menu appears) and
pull up device manager list.  The mouse, surprisingly should be working
because in safe mode windows loads a really generic driver instead of the
driver in device manager.  Now remove the mouse in device manager, and
reboot.  Windows should display 'new hardware found' when it starts, and run
the wizard to install the mouse.  If it doesn't, run 'detect new hardware'
in control panel.  The new mouse will work from then on.
Tom Turak