From:
Secola/Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 09:22:20 -0600

><< hey went after the emulsified
> orange flavor cod liver oil like sharks and cried for more! >>
>
>I'm aware of the need to get "cholesterol-free" fish oil capsules to avoid
>contaminants, but have not found "cholesterol-free" or otherwise molecularly
>distilled cod liver oil.
>
>Does it exist?  I'm assuming cod liver oil might have the same problem with
>toxins as fish oil?
>
>Kathryn

Much of what is called cod liver oil seems to be made from fish flesh oils.
I share your worry about accumulated toxins in fish oils, especially liver
oils. Better off with, or without? I am only confused at this point.

We have Dale Alexander's "plain" cod liver oil in the house, which my wife
smells every weekday moring and has a teaspoonful if it is attractive,
which it usually is.

Muriel: there may be a danger in letting your kids have their _fill_ of cod
liver oil, especially a flavored concoction. The possibility of overload is
often sited. Maybe letting them eat their fill of wild salmon or mackerel
would be an even greater treat for them.

Cheers,
Kirt

Kirt Nieft / Melisa Secola