From:
Glen Sagers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 08:54:03 -0600
John,
I have the DC-390 (not F), and have loved the card.  Cost for it was about $40
several years ago, it is bootable, although I don't use that feature, and is
PNP.

It is compatible with all the versions of windows you mentioned, plus DOS,
FreeBSD, Linux, SCO, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by durable, unless you're referring to physicall
installation & removal.  I'd say it's up to that too, with the caveat that the
mini-50 SCSI cable connectors are delicate and have to be lined up correctly
before pusing in place.

This card's been in 3 machines now, with no problems.  It runs a Umax 1200
scanner, a panasonic 4x8 CD-R, a plextor 40x drive, and I have occasionally
chained other misc. drives off of it, with no problems.  Overall, a great
card.

John Chin wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am looking for a budget SCSI Adapter for use in a computer lab. As such,
> I am looking for a card that:
>
>   1.    Costs less than $100 (street price)
>   2.    Has a Bootable BIOS and is PnP
>   3.    Is generally compatible with Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2K
>   4.    Is durable (can survive many install-removal cycles)
>
> I have been looking at the Tekram DC-390F card.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html