From:
David Hickey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:08:10 -0500
Greetings!

Another newbie on this list, so I'll just introduce myself quickly and
efficiently (maybe not *that* efficiently).

My name is David and I'm a technical writer based in Montreal, Quebec. I
just bought Neanderthin (who told Ray that purple and lime green would be a
good color combination for a paperback book cover?!?), so I'll be tearing
through it in the comming weeks.

I was introduced to the paleolithic lifestyle through the impassioned
ramblings of my sweetie Irene (known on this list as PaleoBabe (and she
is)). I have not yet fully adapted to the paleo lifestyle, but I've cut down
on many of the nono foods, which I believe to be the first step. While I've
lost a bit of weight just doing that (about 10 pounds), I hope to lose more
when I adapt myself more fully to paleo.

The toughest hurdle (which I sure everyone will concur) is not to cheat in
this grain-based society. Irene's told me all about the folks here who
manage to eat 5 pounds of fruits and vegetables every day, multiple pounds
of just meat (in the microwave?!?), and so on. I just shake my head in
disbelief... How do they do it? Do they live at home? Do they work near a
fruit/vegie market or slaughterhouse? Are they raising chickens under their
desk? How?

Unless you want to reraise this thread on the list, which I sure gets tossed
up plenty, could you tell me what the name of threads were that discussed
this and I'll root through the archive...

Nice to met y'all and I look forward to our future discussions.

Dave