Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:21:15 -0500
on 1/11/2001 1:56 PM, Philip Thrift at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> And buying the large economy packs of meats
> helps $-wise.

Actually, I buy meat in the largest economy packs available -- my freezer
contains a side of veal (free-range, organic, grass-fed) and several
chickens and ducks (free-range). I get these delivered by a local farmer.

The poultry works out to about the same cost as in the supermarket (although
the quality is much better). But the veal is much much less expensive. I
paid $3.99/lb CDN which is about $2.66 US, cut to my specs, wrapped, frozen
and delivered. Can't beat that. At least, not at any of the supermarkets
I've been to.

Irene (the aforementioned PaleoBabe)