From:
Andrea Otken-Dennis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:51:07 -0500

I thought I'd send a note on this one..

Schering does not conduct any gluten testing, so they do not guarantee
anything..  However, if you call them, they will tell you whether the
product you are using, or will use contains any grains or derived from
grains substance.

Claritin may or may not be gluten free...

For example, I just called about the Reditabs...they said that the only
potentially grain derived thing they have is citric acid...and theirs
was derived from corn starch.

Now, of course, you don't know if their corn starch is "safe"...since
they don't do any testing...

so, if it will help, it MIGHT be worth the risk...
if it won't, or you don't want to risk it...then don't.

There has been a discussion, that I'm just now getting around to reading, about
Claritin on the GFCFKids list..

On that list, they've confirmed that the reditabs, liquid,

so they ARE gluten free....(at least the reditabs)

Andrea