From:
Katherine Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 08:10:15 EST

<< Careful on this one for anyone who is pregnant...especially in the early
 stages...I read that this type of tea can make for an unplanned early
 delivery....sometimes far to early for survival of foetus >>

For anyone who may be interested in using this tea, it's widely used during
pregnancy...thought to be specifically nourishing to the uterus.  It contains
readily available calcium and magnesium and does not at all increase the
chance of miscarriage or premature birth regardless of when it is taken.

This misconception comes about because herbalists believe that RRL
strengthens the uterine muscle.  It does not have any hormonal effect
that would either encourage menstruation (very early in a pregnancy),
won't cause an early miscarriage, and will not encourage preterm labor.
It's quite the opposite.  We recommend it to all pregnant women, but
would especialy encourage large amounts of it to someone who is having
early contractions....the calcium, magnesium and additional fluids will
calm and irritable uterus and sometimes stop in appropriate contractions.

Just wanted to clarify.

katheirne in atl