From:
Katherine Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 07:55:50 EST

<<"I can only tell you that so far, we find generally the BENEFIT exceeds the
risks, in other words, I believe it may NOT be possible to eliminate every
molecule of GLUTEN, but there are MANY patients with Gluten sensitivity that
ALSO need their unmet nutrient needs satisfied even MORE than avoiding EVERY
molecule- of course for some patients, the Soil based organisms found in
Perfect FOOD are another BIG benefit->>

I find this statement very concerning.  Especialy when there are plenty of
other ways to get that missing nutrition.  One needn't resort to something
that might contain gluten.  Spirulina and Alfalfa are excellent,similar
sources of nutrition but gluten free - as long as there's no gluten added
during processing.  Of course, as always, check on the specific product.

One can also add seaweed to soups and cooked grain dishes...and you won't
even know it's there.  Instead of salt, you can sprinkle dulse or kelp on
foods....both will give you easily assimilated trace minerals.

As one other person stated and was quoted in a supplement summary, you could
even juice veggies to get concentrated vitamins and minerals...and in the
most easily assimilated form of all.

I have a call in to Donna Gates - author of the Body Ecology Diet...to check
on the ingredient list of her green superfoods supplement.  I used it in my
pre diagnosis life and found it highly beneficial - though I will admit that
generally, I prefer to juice, add seaweed to my diet, and use herbs such as
alfalfa, red raspberry leaf and nettle to round out the nutritional picture.
 I'll post back with the GF/nGF status.

katherine in atl