From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:28:51 -0500
>Stacie, have you thought about the fact that such small children
>have still been breastfed in all paleo times?
>
>Just look on a human breastmilk analyse, i think this is likely the way she
>is requiring her food.

Amadeus,
You are absolutely right. Zoe weaned very early (13 months old) because I
was pregnant with Madi and Zoe didn't like the milk nor could I deal with
the sensitivity. I was very disappointed. I think if I had been eating
differently at the time, perhaps the circumstances would be different. Madi
will more than likely still be nursing to two and beyond.
To me, this proves the virtues of "extended"(natural) breastfeeding. And
there is most certainly NO good substitute for the real deal. She will not
nurse anymore, and expressing milk has always created problems for me
(mastitis) or I would definitely be doing that.
Sweet potatoes/squash: she will NOT eat a cooked orange vegetable. She'll
eat raw carrots but can't digest them well. She would be happy to live off
bananas. Anyway, I did pick up some Swedish Bitters (preserved with alcohol,
this could be a problem...) we'll see if that helps her.

Stacie