VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Seymour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Seymour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 20:00:47 -0800
To Daniel:

Here's how to get rid of the previous email message tjhat you are
answering. As you can read, I have done it for this email.

First, you press Alt M, to get the Message pull down menu. Choose what you
want there, either Reply, Reply to all, etc. Of course, press enter.

Next, you'll have the previous message in quotes -- the one that you want
to delete. Here's how to do that. You want the Eudora command, Control A,
for select All. Because I use Window Eyes, I have to first disable its
responsiveness to the next control command that I'm about to press by
pressing Control N. So , to negate the next command. I press Control N, but
you may have to press something else for your speech program.

Next, press Control A, for select all. All the text in that email, that is,
the text that would have become the quote, is highlighted. Then, just press
the regular old Delete button and the screen is totally cleared. Now, just
type your email and it will be the only thing that you send.

To repeat:

1. When you are replying to an email, and the text of that email is on the
screen and will be sent with your email, and you want to delete it, do this.

2. Control A, to select all.

3. Delete key to clear screen.

You're set to go.

Now, can you help me? How do I block text in Eudora, so I can delete only
that blocked off section of my chosing?

Peter Seymour

SelectJust