From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 17:36:08 -0500
Stacy wrote:

> I wonder if all fluoride is created equal; the compound used in water and
in
> toothpaste is sodium monofluorophosphate. Are all fluoride compounds
equally
> toxic?

Calcium fluoride compounds are apparently absorbed less easily than others.
Actually, according to what I read, silico-fluoride salts are often used for
fluoridation although not exclusively.

You can apparently reduce the fluoride bioavailability by combining with
calcium, the boiled Indian variant of tea has less bioavailable calcium,
where tea is boiled with milk for instance.

> You might wish to try dandelion root, nettle leaf, or red raspberry leaf
> infusions. Peppermint is a good alternative to caffeinated beverages. I
keep
> an herb cupboard packed chock full of all kinds of herbs: roots, leaves,
> berries, blends of spices (cinnamon, cardamom) and such. The four I
> mentioned above are some basics. Be sure to boil the water for herbal
> infusions in a non-reactive (glass) pot.

But I want to be positive that they do not contain the same amount of
fluoride as "tea" does -- perhaps they do, who knows? I'd like to find
out...

--Richard