From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:09:08 -0500
Have you tried an elimination diet? Keeping a food diary and eliminating
different foods for a few days in cycles. Is it possible that Zoe has one or
more food intolerances that are interfering with proper digestion?

I think it is always wise to try these diets. In the simplest, you can
substitute rice (not paleo obviously but for this purpose) and meat for a
few days, then add back foods every few days. Some people are intolerant to
rice and meat, but it is not common. Does the problem get better or stay the
same?

It takes about 2 weeks to go through a whole cycle and you can observe what
happens. Most intolerances show up anywhere from immediately to 1 day after
consumption of the offending food. And that includes the oils you mention.

I sometimes have trouble digesting coconut oil and olive oil myself. When I
consume a lot, my stomach rumbles for up to an hour or so. I wouldn't write
this off as a possible cause.

--Richard