From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 22:19:25 -0500
Dori asked:
>The question is simple; what do you do about it?  And might this help me
>get
>past the wall I've hit and lose more weight?

Dori, here is some brief info. on yoga and the thyroid:
http://thyroid.miningco.com/health/thyroid/library/weekly/aa092899.htm

With paleo and yoga together, I am a completely different person. The more I
learn about they thyroid, the more I feel certain that mine was definitely
hypoactive. I have gone from not wanting to get off my ass to go out for the
mail, to doing yoga twice daily as often as possible (at least 4 times a
week). I have gone from size 18 before paleo, to size 10 and then since
yoga, down to size 6, but definitely not frail or petite. Sometimes I will
come home from class and swear that I can see and feel the increase in
muscle tone and strength. I crave the opportunity to do half handstands,
etc. Now I am even moving toward becoming a yoga teacher for kids.

Look up a yoga teacher in your area and talk with them about your thyroid. I
wouldn't attempt a shoulderstand (as per the article above) without the aid
of an experienced teacher. But I do believe that you will find great benefit
with yoga.

Stacie