From:
P & L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 14:35:04 -0800
> Can someone please tell me what the best anti-fungals would be? I'm drank
> some garlic juice this morning. Will the Paleo and garlic juice therapy
> control and/or eradicate candida?
>
> Joe in NH

There are just about as many "best anti-fungals" as there are of us!
We'll all give you a different answer, Joe, so I tried to picked out
links from my files that offer a variety choices for you to assess, just
to confuse the hell out of you (just kidding), and to try to sidestep my
personal bias.  (I included some I don't fully agree with, but that's
only because they didn't work for me, or they allow or suggest some
non-paleo foods.  They might work for you though--who knows?)

Stacie mentioned the CSDA from Great Smokies Lab--great idea.  They will
do a culture and sensitivity showing what strains of candida you have
and what specific anti-fungals will be most-to-least effective against
them.  It's pricey, but it may be worth it for you.  (I spent hundreds
of dollars on ineffective anti-fungals, then kicked myself for not doing
and heeding this test sooner.)

http://www.drcranton.com/CFIDS.htm

http://www.naturalmed.net/treatment_outlines/Candidiasis.html

http://www.candidafighter.com/supplements.htm

http://www.panix.com/~candida/

This last link is probably what led me to the ones above.  It's a
comprehensive list of links to candida resources, courtesy of Don Wiss.
(Thanks again and again, Don).

Although there are many different approaches to anti-fungal therapies
noted above, most agree that no single anti-fungal will work, as candida
mutate and quickly develop a resistance to natural and even prescription
anti-fungals.  Relapses are common unless you go at it relentlessly.
I'll see if I can find the info on natural anti-fungals not making it in
their effective form farther down in the gut, due to being broken down
by digestive processes--it was an eye-opener for me, lemme tell ya!

Lois