From:
V. Orloff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 19:05:02 -0800

Dear Listmates,

I wrote Delta Airlines this letter.  They must really be mixed up,
because they sent it back to me without a word!

On my flight to Ft. Lauderdale on 1/20/01, I was served a meal marked
GFML (gluten free meal).  Upon lifting the foil cover, there was another
foil marked Low Calorie.  Beneath these I was faced with spaghetti and
meatballs!

My return flight was no better.  The salad had croutons, the salad
dressing was suspicious in nature, the "potato" roll contained wheat and
barley, so I returned this, too.

Thank goodness I had brought along a small can of tuna for each flight!
But what if I had not brought a little snack?  There was no gluten free
food in any of the airports, so I would have been much hungrier.  If I
had eaten your food, I would have suffered severe diahrrea during the
flight.  This could have trapped me in the bathroom for over 2 hours,
and made me weak enough to be hospitalized.

I believe you should be aware that gluten free means no wheat, barley,
oats and rye, no MSG.  I will be happy to send you literature on this
subject, so that you can educate your meal preparation units.

I purposely choose Delta when I fly, because you have always done right
by me.  But this time was very disappointing.

Your comments are welcome, as I will notify the many celiac disease
members throughout the country and overseas who subscribe to a Listserve
for Celiacs.

Thank you,
Violla Orloff