From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 02:58:47 -0800
On 2 Oct 00, at 11:41, Shawn M. Shea wrote:

> How can you have Win clients synchronize system time with an NT
> server when they log in?

  A couple of people have already mentioned the NET TIME command;
note that this will run from the USER logon script, and that may be
adequate for your needs.

  I have systems that run for days at a time without anyone logging
in.  (It's true that these are mostly servers.)  I install the
TIMESERV utility from the NT 4 Server resource kit, and point them at
a machine running TARDIS (shareware) which in turn has permission to
sync to an external NTP server a few miles away.

David G

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org