C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:33:03 -0500
Kathy

I'm sorry to hear about your Godfather. Alzheimer's Disease is very difficult to live with - both for the person but  sometimes even more for their families and friends. But there are some treatments now that can slow down the progression of the disease in some people. Also, the illness can have a very slow progression in some folks. Your Godfather will need your love and support now more than ever before.

Let us know how things are going. I'm glad you're back home now and I hope you are feeling better. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

Yvonne

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/28/00 12:58PM >>>
Hi there everybody ,
On September sixth , I found out my God Father has Alzheimer's ideas.  I
tried to find some support groups on the Internet.  Well , the next day , I
tried to cause an automobile accident on purpose.  On the twelfth , I was
admitted to a mental hospital and discharged on the eighteenth , re-admitted
on the twentieth and discharged October twentieth.

I would like to welcome all of the new member to the listservs.

Here's my introduction if you are new or don't remember who I am. . .

I was born on July 5, 1971.  It was a complicated birth. . .  I couldn't cry
, breathe or suck.  The doctors thought I would be a vegetable the rest of
my life.  As a result of all of this , I was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy
at the age of three a half .  I am very physically disabled because of all
of this.  I can't walk , talk , or feed myself in the 'normal way."  When I
was four years old , I was the Cerebral Palsy Poster child.  I went to Day
Care for that had disabilities and Early Childhood.  Then I went through all
of school.  When I was in fourth grade , I was put in to a special education
class in school. I used to to drool a lot and I had a surgery to stop that.
When I was a freshman in high school , I had what looked like seizures but
actually it was suicidal attempts. I won the award for the outstanding
handicapped citizen for the state of Wisconsin.  I went to college and
double majored in Data Entry and Accounting.   I update telephone
directories for a living.  I do about twenty to thirty a year.  I do it
right from my home.   I also make and sell my own greeting cards.  As I
mentioned before , I have had a lot of problems with depression and suicide.
From 1992 to 1998 I was in counseling and from 1994-96, I was hospitalized
seven times because of this.  The reason of all of this is because I couldn'
t cope with having a disability.  My family consists of a father , a mother
and three brothers.   I also have seven nieces and nephews and one on the
way .  I collect angels.  I'm really involved on the Internet.  I'm on
several of   ListServs, ICQ, AOL Instant Messenger , Ya-Hoo Instant
Messenger , and mIRC.  My ICQ UIN # is 16632777.  My screen name for AOL
Instant Messenger is KJPink.  I can be reached by Ya-Hoo Instant Messenger
at kathy_pink_2000.  The servers that I'm usually on on mIRC is  BrightNet
or ChatWorks.  I have a Home WebPage .  It is at
http://homepages.msn.com/WindowsWay/kjpink/.

I just noticed my hard disk drive is damaged.:((
AOL Instant Messenger ScreenName KJPink
ICQ UIN # 16632777
http://homepages.msn.com/WindowsWay/kjpink/
SafetyEd International's WebSite:  http://www.safetyed.org