NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gail Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:22:15 -0500
Hi Alex,

My son was diagnosed by an Allergist/Immunologist after a referral from his
Pediatrician.  They did a RAST test (blood test) so he didn't have to endure
the skin tests.  Drawing the blood out was hard enough.  But now with the
Emla cream to numb the skin for the needle it isn't so bad.  They ran all
kinds of allergens on the blood and he came out positive for the
alpha-lactalbumin as well as an outdoor mold that I'm not going to even
attempt to spell.

Hope that was the answer you are looking for.  And, just btw, I had to
really pressure our managed care, but our ped's office cooperated.  They
send in a request for authorization for the allergist referral, and were
denied (apparently according to our managed care 2 is "too young" to have
allergies!).  So they continued to fax the request in several times a day
until the insurance finally gave in. *grins*  Good Luck!

Gail