C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 02:14:06 -0400
Hi Betty,

I can fully sympathize with this situation - it seems these days a lot of folks
in the medical field 'tell it like it is', whether the patient really wants to
know (or the family wishes them to know) or not.  I know my mom (who seems
pretty healthy) has often said - if I get a terminal disease, I do NOT want to
know about it - she believes that in knowing, it will shorten her lifespan.  I
do wish the folks that are health care workers would take more care in how they
go about things.  You (meaning you and the family) may need hospice in trying to
deal with this, but seems to me they could have handled this a bit differently
and let you all take advantage of their aid, without your mom being told "it's
hospice" since I'm sure she knows what that term is!  Sounds like to me that
"uncle" was reacting in shock - some people think of the oddest things when bad
stuff happens........  I remember being 8 years old, and I was in a wreck.  (not
a real bad one - but scary - we slid down an entire street of ice, and slammed
into a fire hydrant.  If it hadn't been there, we'd have hit a house most
likely).  My reaction ??   After the car stopped spinning - I picked up the
'litter bag' we had hanging in the car, and hung it back up!  (Afterwards you
think - what a stupid thing to have done!)..........

Take care,
Beth

--
Don't forget to visit http://rvs.netporch.com/ for RVS fan pics, rvsfans