C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:43:06 -0500
For all interested in visiting Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge, there are
several options.  The drive around wildlife drives take you deep into the
marsh on a dirt road that you travel on slowly.  There are pull offs to ogle
and generally a paper guide to teach you about the different ecosystems you
travel through.  From the car you can see several species of birds with and
without a scope.  Some species are like those hidden pictures hard to find
others are flamoyant.  You can also see other wildlife such as our world
famous 'gators.  The actual visitors center is has a board walk that is very
easily accessible and you can see many of the more woodland type species.
Canaveral Seashore which is adjacent to the Refuge is like roughing it.
Even though they have handicap parking, there are stairs to take you over
the fragile dune environment, and the only amenities in the South area are
potties.  But, if you want to walk out into the Mosiquito Lagoon area there
are some short board walks in some areas.

Beth the OT, amateur birder, nature lover