From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 20:00:55 CDT
>From: David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: [P-F] weight training and energy and cheap supplements
>Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 08:52:01 -0700
>
> >Hi, all.
> >
> >Here is quite an in-depth study about hormonal responses depending on the
> >supplement,
> >that was ingested after workout:
> >http://parrillo.com/sng/sngb59.htm
> >
> >They compared supplements of either  carbs alone, protein alone or a
> >combination of
> >carbs and protein.
> >They observed insulin, growth hormone, testosterone etc. levels for
>several
> >hours
> >after the workout.
> >The conclusion they got: carb-protein combination works best in terms of
> >insulin AND
> >growth hormone release.
> >
> >Mateja
> >
> >PS: I am not a bodybuilder and do not have an opinion on this subject at
>all.

This study, and I didn't read it, can prove absolutely nothing b/c John
Parillo (a man I am quite familiar with) is a heretic and should be burned
at the stake for all the misinformation he's circulated in the bodybuilding
community.

Parillo cares nothing about health or even bodybuilding nutrition.  He
manipulates every study (and I mean every single 1 of them) to make his
supplements (which completely suck, by the way) look better.  Case in point,
Parillo was preaching that MCT oil (another worthless supplement) was the
secret to bodybuilding success.  So he went out and took every little
insignificant study that perhaps showed a correlation between taking MCT and
improved athletic performance.  Then he turns around, blows the studies way
out of porportion and writes articles in his magazine (Parillo Performance)
that so called "prove" that MCT is the top bodybuilding suppplements.

At the same time, when Parillo first became mainstream and starting pushing
MCT oil big, he said that creatine is absolutely worthless for mass or
strength.  He bashed creatine on a regular basis.  But then, sure enough, 1
year later, he was selling his own creatine and he was writing extensive
articles on the muscle and strength building qualities of creatine.  Every
study Parillo does, or even references, is performed incorrectly and
manipulated to whatever degree to sell his supplements.  It's all about $$
before honesty/truth - and he takes this to a sickening level.  And believe
me, upper echelon bodybuilding is filled with this sort of crap.

What did this study show?  That carbs and protein were the best for post
workout recovery?  Well that explains even more.  Since Parillo's beginning,
he has always sold Pro Carb and Hi Protein as his post workout supplements.
Hmmmmmm..... he sells carb and protien supplements for postworkout, and the
study her performs shows that carb and protein post workout is the best for
muscle recovery.  That's very convenient!!  People like John Parillo, Bill
Phillips, and Joe Weider should taken out and shot for all their lies and
preying on people just to sell their supplements.  Remember when Joe Weider
said his anabolic mega packs would pack on the pounds a la Dorian Yates.