From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 07:47:49 CDT
Well, I probably can't do a very good job off the top of my head.  You may
want to look thru the Classic Collection by Arthur Jones at
http://www.cyperpump.com.  The bench press isn't very good b/c (1)small
range of motion, (2)no stabilization involved, (3)only provides direct work
for the anterior deltoids, not the chest.

The dip has a much larger range of motion than the bench press, and you have
to stabilize yourself as well so you get ab work in as a bonus.  And you
can't go very deep on the bench press b/c the barbell hits your chest,
whereas on a dip, you can go much deeper so you get more range of motion.

xx Justin xx