C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:25:21 -0700
Dear Uncle Mike,

  I haven't had my summer haircut yet. Soon, though. Since May 18th
(Mommy's birthday, btw), I've been taking an herbal remedy for cataracts in
my eyes. I get one capsule every day. My brother, Mr. Alex (RIP) had the
drops that went into his eyes, but Mommy can't do drops with me cause I"ll
bite the hand that feeds me. Mean, I know, but I'm still sorta afraid of
hands coming at my head. That's because I was slapped and even kicked
around in my other house, before Mommy adopted me and Alex.

  Anyway, my hair is really long and I sorta smell. And I have matts in my
skirt. The groomer didn't cut enough hair off me last time and the matts
got outta control, but I did allow Mommy to snip a few of them out.  I
didn't like it at all, but I was a good boy and she didn't have to muzzle
me at all. I must be gettin old ;)

  My stoopid cat brudder brought a prezzie onto the service porch a few
days ago, and when Mommy put me out to piddles, I spied it. I was leaping
around like the psycho dog (that's what some people call me) that I am and
almost fell off the step. Mommy got sorta scared and yelled at me to stop.
Not cause she was mad, but to get me to stop jumping so I wouldn't hurt
myself. And last night, while I was outside, I saw these really bright
things in the tall grass. I barked and barked and Mommy kept telling me to
be quiet, but I was scared. The bright things got closer and closer. It was
the cats! I wish my eyes glowed in the dark. That way Mommy could see me
outside when I'm doing my biz. She hangs on to my tie-out line so I don't
go far cause we have bad animals behind our house (coyotes). I don't think
they'd come out when Mommy's around, though. But she can reel me in really
fast if she has to.

  How are things with you? Are you taking holidays for the summer? What's
new and exciting in your life? Write soon. I love getting mail.

  Ooops, gotta go. The bread machine is about to go off and I hafta go bark
at the beeps. That's my duty, ya know.

  Have a great day.

Your friend,

Mr. Jake (the cutie boy Cairn) Rockwell