C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:04:13 -0700
Hi Anee,

  It's very possible that because of our cerebral palsy that we may not fit the
typical fibro pattern of symptomology. I have high blood pressure, and an
above-normal temperature. My pain is localized in the chest region and mid-lower
back. Very little medium join involvement (knees/elbows).

  I was found to have 2 leaky heart valves when no heart problem was previously
noted. This, after the fibro diagnosis by my rehab (cp) doctor.

  I'd encourage you to insist on all the heart tests. My first fibro flare felt
like I was having a heart attack, btw - acute crush pain in the chest. I'd also
encourage you to have the trigger point exam for fibro diagnosis with a
rheumatologist.

Good luck to you.

Regards,

Carla