Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 22:47:12 -0500

Dear Listmates,

Well, here I am again, asking more questions but isn't this what it is all
about? Its late and I am very tired (so forgive my mistakes) but here
goes.  I am the one that has celiac, at least my case is crystal clear and
there are not doubts about me.  It is my husband that is now the
question.  His father died from alzheimers and we are pretty sure he had
celiac.  Two of his cousins had (now dead) and have it and now his
sister.  He has high blood pressure, kidney stones, hardening of the
arteries and his parathyroid is in trouble with high blood test
results.  He told me a little while ago that he would go on a gluten free
diet and see if it helps his parathyroid problem.   He has been partial
gluten free for a few weeks.  He does not seem to understand that there is
no real partial gluten free diet that even the smallest amount causes
permanent damage.  He thinks that it is alright to "cut down" and that it
should help.  We have put off the testing because of the cost and
unreliability of them.  Maybe it would be very beneifcial for him to
actually have the testing done then there would be no doubt.  How does a
wife convince her husband of the seriousness of all of this when at 50 his
arteries are in pretty bad shape?    I think going gluten free would
improve his health a great deal!  What do you'll think?  Thanks Nancy in Texas