From:
Iris Ousen-Foltz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 18:51:46 +0200

Hi group,
thanks for answering my question on above mentioned subject. I can keep
the summary short this time:
Most of the letters were from people who either had ms themselves or who
had one or more relatives with ms or other neurological problems in
combination with cd.

Most were first diagnosed with ms and later on with cd, some were never
diagnosed with cd, but simply tried gf after which their symptoms either
slowed down,came to a stop or disappeared altogether. Only one person
wrote that she saw no improvement after going gf. The general tendency
was that there seems to be a connection and that it seems worth the
trouble of going on a diet. One writer said that symptoms (ms that is)
should get better after a fortnight, but I'd say that it probably
depends on how long one has been suffering from ms.

Recommendet literature:
'Can a Gluten Free Diet Help? How?" by Dr
Lloyd Rosenvold, Published by Keats, ISBN 0-87983-538-9

Recommendet websites:
http://www.PaleoDiet.com/ms/
http://www.celiac.com/similar.html#Multiple

I will pass this on to my sister in law in the hope it will be of help
to her.

Those of you who have ms I'd like to wish all the best and lots of
strength in coping with this desease. Thank you for sharing your
information with me.

Iris