GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 16:16:00 EDT
Thank you very much Alpha, Soffie, Karamba and others for your tireless
efforts. I just want to respond to your call for suggestions about legal
representation for our fallen heroes. A name that comes to mind is Lawyer
Ousman Sillah. He is a man of integrity with a very strong sense of justice.
He represented Pap Cheyassin Secka after the 1981 coup. I understand that he
also represented Ousainou Darboe on numerous occasions when the latter was
harassed by the Yaya regime. Am just mentioning these few achievements to
demonstrate that I do not think that this is a man who can be easily
intimidated or who would easily compromise his strong legal ethics. Give him
a call and see what he thinks. I wish I could help you with his phone
number. Continue the good work.