From:
"Walter R. Worth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:31:17 -0800
On Friday, March 03, 2000, 12:31 PM, "Mary-Belle Simmons"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> After spending an hour on the phone with tech support, I am sending an
> email to this list.  I have an IBM, AMD K6-2 500mhz with a Rockwell 56K
> data fax pci modem installed.  I connect at 31200 or slower every time.
> Tech support was able to offer no advice after checking my settings and
> asking me about my phone line connection.  Would anyone here have any
> suggestions to improve the speed of my connection?

Mary-Belle -- I understand your frustration and lack of assistance from your
ISP.  SpeedConnect  Internet Accelerator, is an optimizer for modem and
LAN/Cable Internet connections, which will speed up your Internet connection
by optimizing Windows default TCP/IP settings (generally inefficient), the
cache and ports settings. It features various optimization modes and special
support for different network adapters (including AOL). SpeedConnect
Internet Accelerator is a         powerful, easy-to-use program for Windows
95 and 98 which boosts your Internet connection speed by up to 200%. It is
compatible with all modems and high-speed LAN/Cable connections. More info
can be obtained from here, http://speedconnect.hypermart.net/products.htm.
I can't verify their claims of 200% but it does work. You may want to have
your ISP test your telephone lines or at least tell you whether they have
upgraded their modems. My dial-up modem connections on one of my machines
averages 54k daily without any speed accelerators. HTH. :-)

Walter R. Worth

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html