From:
Bruce & Lesser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 22:48:34 -0700
    Eric,

    Thank you for your response.  I have been following this paleo diet and am amazed that
I do not feel hungry or deprived.  Nor do I crave carbohydrates such as rice, noodles,
etc.as I anticipated.
    I got rid of the oils mentioned on this list and recently bought some smoked salmon
"wings"--(the greasy flesh around the fins.)  It is a Jewish treat,  much cheaper than
lox.  Smoked salmon fat, salmon eggs, etc, is popular with some Inuit in Labrador but they
use lighter smoking techniques than Americans typically do from what I hear.  I am hoping
to learn the technique this summer.  Is there a problem with smoking?
What about raw salmon pickled in gin and spiced with dill, etc., like grav lox? I would eat
raw salmon and love sashimi but I understand there is a risk of parasites unless the fish
is handled very carefully.
    Thank you for the article on fatty acids.  That was very helpful.
    --Lynda