C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kimberlee Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 22:09:37 EDT
Beth,

I don't know if we have a local Parent to Parent group or not.  We had my
son's Early Intervention Coordinator go with us (she's probably the 6th one
we've had so far because of the turnover).  The Special Ed teacher heading
the group was rude to the coordinator - she knows her and has worked with her
before, and does not like it when the coordinator stands up for the parents.
This teacher tried to schedule the IEP meeting at the same time as the
Eligibility Meeting - without checking with us first.  They do that routinely
here, and I would not have even known until we got there for the meeting if
the coordinator had not brought it up.

Kimberlee