C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kimberlee Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 19:06:50 EDT
Charlene - the IEP team already made me feel like I was being antagonistic
just by asking detailed questions that make them uncomfortable!!!!  I have a
problem because I have a very monotone voice that never sounds sugary or
sweet even if I'm trying to be nice, so people sometimes take things the
wrong way.  Consequently, I often feel like I'm being overbearing.  I think
also that I get my "ruff" up when it comes to my children and that I'm
harsher than normal.

When I hear things like the school system using the money for the football
team - well, I won't even go there.  We are having problems in my state
regarding the Early Intervention system and I've already jumped on the
bandwagon to try and get it corrected - I'm very sensitive about the
misappropriation of money when it comes to getting kids what they need (and
deserve).

Everyone - thank you for your encouragement and support.  That's why I'm here.

Kimberlee