Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:07:49 +1100
The best way to go is: leave your gateway system untouched, and get a new
AMD system later (when supports DDR-SDRAM). Upgrade old system may bring
more problems than you can think of. The worst situation could be totally
corrupt windows which may require to re-install everything (if the local
store does not know how to do the job properly).

Jun Qian

Bobby Sutton wrote:

> Sirs: Thanks a bunch for this great forum, learning alot from the
> threads. I have a simple question yet a common one. I purchased a
> Gateway P5 133XL in 1995, American Bios by brothers 1.010 ? . Anyhow,
> the thing runs great , I installed a intel 200mhz overdrive processor,
> and have 80 megs of mem installed. Other than that it is originial with
> a 1.6 hd and matrox millenium power desk video and ensonic sound blaster
> audio system with a subwoofer and altec speakers, 17" monitor. Runs
> great but have thought about taking it to local store and installing new
> motherboard, athalon processor, 128 megs of mem, and new video card and
> hard drive. They told me approx 500-600 but I have doubts till they see
> system, it is a 9 bay tower case with tape backup so I have plenty of
> room.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org