C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:01:49 -0500
Oh Mike,

> Well, I for one do not want to barbeque you.
        Grin, I know. However, some folks do - even my Witchling ( when she
was 9) has been told by another child - When she grew up - she was going
burn her at the stake. I raised one eyebrow and leaned slightly towards that
child and reminded her - frogs have short unpleasant lives. You know there
is never a lion around on you need one. I am protesting to their union!

>and human nature is
> such that whenever one group gets the upper hand in anything, they
> immediately rub other groups noses in the manure of self-righteousness.
              Yessssssss!!!

> Christianity was never intended to be a state religion.  That is where
> the trouble began...Back in the fourth century with Constantine.  It may
> surprise you to know this, but Constantine did Christianity more harm
> than good when he gave it power..  Sorry for venting, but you touched a
> sore spot in this old Baptist.
                    Oh poor Mike - didn't mean to touch a bad spot.
Actually, I know a great about Christianity - historically and
philosophical - ummmm the Ministerial Decree I hold - Is a Christian one
 was everyone sitting down!!) - the is no Witch U ( actaully there is now -
wasn't then). Besides the law does not recognize it, and we have to get the
paper work thru.  I have to admit
tho 1600 years of Christian Love have made the Baked, Barbequed,  and
Skewered twitchy. I also think it time for everyone to get over it. It is
shame the the radical few overshadow - the sane many. Many a good idea has
gone awry because of someone's zeal and dedication. The most amusing aspect
to the whole thing for was or is - watching people preception of me change
when the find out about the "Religion".  The change from Angel to Demon. I
haven't changed but the preconcieved idea is so strong. I was never
particularly vocal up until 4 years ago ( I was married to a Christian - out
of respect to my very beloved husband and in-laws- (Mom now deceased would
not understood, nor would the fundy sister-in-law and spouse) - Doug and Dad
is fine with it) when Amber - decided this was her path also - and in kid
fashioned announced it to the world in her class on day, I returned to be
public about it. The "My Mom is a Witch" made
me very popular. LOL   Amber and I follow a fam trad -  which is short for
family tradition, things which have handed from mother to daughter for
generations now. She was recently taught the magick word. I thought it was
funny it came up in car ride - becasue I learned it from my mother - on a
car ride when she got tired of waiting for a red light and changed it. So
Amber was having a time memorizing it and is happily mumbling away and we
sailed thru every traffic light. So nice having a Witchling!! I am very
proud of the way she teaches her friends the right way - after Buffy, or
Sabrina - show it a bit skewed. Short of being allowed to rejoin "The Light"
I could have no greater gift than that of my child. OOOpppppsss I think I
rambled.

>    Along a different line of question...  Did you get my email about my
> problems with the list?

          Yes, I did - but had to work last night - fixed it this morning -
let me know if change I did solves problem - if not maybe we need explore
you e-mail settings. Which program do you have? I run OE 5 and an old
version of Netscape.

                                    Brightest Blessings
                                         Trisha